All SEO strategies are aimed at improving a site’s ranking in search engine results. Every winning strategy focuses on developing a website that is friendly to search engine ranking algorithms, and that’s more or less what SEO is all about. There are two categories of factors that determine a website’s ranking and these are on-page SEO and off-page SEO factors. In this article, Ivan Konovalov, the Semalt expert, will discuss on-page SEO factors and their importance to the online presence of a site.
On-page SEO relates to the elements of the website that you can control. These include the technical elements such as quality of code and structure of the web pages, the quality of content, and the user-friendliness of the site. Once on-page SEO is tackled properly (which is a simple task since everything is in your hands), the chances of ranking higher are significantly increased. Another advantage of taking care of on-page SEO is that the site is set on the right path to the success of your off-page SEO strategy.
Main pillars of on-page SEO
Here are the major on-page factors that should be focused on for more effective SEO:
- Technical competitiveness of the site: Every technical detail of the site needs to be made excellent to ensure that search engine crawlers find it easy to index the site. Here are tips on how to go about it:
- Include custom meta tags. They influence visitors and increase the click-through rate.
- Use a short, precise, comprehensive and attractive title tag. The tag should be within the character limit, stand out from competitors, and include all pertinent information about your business.
- Your meta description should clearly tell users what they’ll find on the page. Include your brand name in the meta description and add a keyword or its synonyms to get your point home.
- Have an eye-catching landing page with multiple heading tags.
- High-quality content with optimum value to your audience: When developing content to put on your website, ask yourself why your customers visit your site. Most likely, it’s because they find what they are looking for (that is the value of your content). Writing excellent content cannot be overemphasized. Your content should have well-researched and placed keywords, and it should be unique, informative and easy to read. Awesome website content is also user-friendly. Today’s internet user wants shorter texts and more images and videos. So, keep this in mind as you plan how to promote your products and services through the web content.
- Faultless user experience (UX): This on-page SEO factor has gained more significance lately. To achieve flawless user experience, the website should be designed and maintained in a way that is easy for users to understand and navigate. It also needs to be fast, mobile-friendly and responsive. Internet users continue to be sophisticated, and it’s inherent for website owners to understand these changes. Today’s customer wants a site that loads right away and one that is easy to navigate using mobile devices. Anything less certainly hurts user experience and pulls conversion rate down. Therefore, a lot of focus needs to be paid to the user experience. It is the only on-page SEO factor that keeps both users and search engines happy.
When these on-page SEO factors are taken care of properly, the website will most likely achieve a higher rank in search engine results. The website will be more visible and attractive to visitors and the conversion rate, thus sales and revenue could get a boost. As you can see, there are more than enough reasons to invest more in on-page SEO.